#07 by Marleen van de Velde

€52.00

#07 by Marleen van de Velde

"W(e)afer"

"A celebration of the creators and innovators of Brabant, through a source that brings together art and science, design and technology: light. I chose light as the main theme for this illustration, as it is an important part of Brabant’s history and continues to be a source of creativity and innovation. Today, Brabant is the leading innovator in the development of photonic chips, which use particles of light. For this illustration, I took inspiration from these chip patterns and wove them into a garment where light travels through, representing my vision of Brabant’s identity. PS. There’s also a reference to a great artist from Brabant, who had his own love story with light and an innovative way of painting. Do you spot it?".

Available in two formats:

  • A2 (42x59.4 cm), giclée limited edition print (100 pieces)
  • 30x40 cm

Printed on 250gsm satin paper, embossed with "The Brabanter" logo.